Sunday, August 22, 2010

Feeting the Fish

That's right -- feeting them.

Fish spas are quickly becoming very popular in the states, but have been a staple here in Thailand for some time. You just stick your feet into an aquarium stocked w/small freshwater fish like you can buy at Petsmart. Give it about 30-45 minutes and then you have soft, bacteria-free feet. They even do your cuticles!

Jimmy, the Thai man who owned the spa I went to said, "These Japanese fish -- I order them from Japan!" There were small Red-tailed sharks, Bala Sharks, Zebra Danios, Loaches, guppies, and something else I'd never seen before.

It was kool, it felt like a million little shocks. It only tickled when one of the big loaches got going underneath my big toes.

When I get home I'm thinking I'll buy me a ten-gallon tank, put some fish in it and have my own fish-spa. In the states you can pay up to $20 for 15 minutes. Here, I paid $6 for 45 minutes. Gotta love Thailand.

After that I went next door for a 30-minute foot and leg massage ($3) by a "licensed professional" not a "farang teached" masseuse as Jimmy put it. Farangs are foreigners and not well liked here unless they are spending money. (like me!)



Hmmmm, yummy!
Click here for more pics of my Feet's Day Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment